Spinach & Applewood® Panini
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
400g bag spinach leaves
2 roasted red peppers from a jar in oil or brine
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
350g/12oz Ilchester Applewood® Smoked Cheddar
4 panini or 2 ciabatta loaves
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
2) Wash the spinach, cut into shreds then put into a large pan and place on the hob. Cook over a high heat, stirring for 3-4 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Turn into a sieve and press out any excess water. Season the spinach with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3) Split the panini or if using ciabatta, cut in half to make four portions then split and open out. Drizzle a little oil over the cut side of the base. Divide the spinach between them.
4) Dry the peppers on a piece of kitchen paper then cut the peppers into thin strips and lay on top.
5) Cut the Applewood® cheese into thin slices and lay on top of the peppers. Cover with the top of the panini. Wrap in foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.